May 26, 2012

Nail Dare: Americana

It's been a while since my last post on Nail Dare. But since I promised on my last post about giving a tutorial on the Americana Nail, I'll be doing it right now. I'm teaching you how to do it. But before anything else, I would just like to thank you for all your good feedbacks regarding Nail Dare. My posts on Nail Dare, as I kept track on it, are some of the most viewed posts in my blog. So I guess, this will make us invade the fashion on nails. And I heard some of you telling me you tried some designs already and it "fattened" my heart. Haha! So there, let's get started with this.



I had this design on my nails two times already. Once was when I can't remember and the second was during Gaga's concert. I just felt like wearing it! Maybe because the flag of America will suit her concert since she has a song entitle Americano. Well, just a thought. Haha. But anyway, here's how.

1. Apply a white coating on your nails. Double coat it if it is too thin.
2. Using a nail art brush, paint on red stripes from the base of your nails to the tip. Apply them around 1-2mm away from each other. draw the last two stripes half way to give way for the blue part of the flag.
3. Apply a blue corner just above the red stripes you drew half way. By the way, before applying the red stripes and the blue corner, make sure that your white coating is dry.
4. Dry the blue corner too, a thin paint will dry up more easy.
5. Using a nail art brush, draw dots on the blue corner just like the stars on the American Flag. If you could draw stars literally, it would be better.
6. Coat the whole art with colorless nail polish after drying them up to add a shimmer.

White coating and dots- Caronia White Satin
Red stripes - Sassy Red
Blue corner - Caronia Aqua Frost

And there, you have the Americana nail! Go and try it. You could also have the Philippine flag as well. Just add a yellow nail polish and you'll know what to do! :)

No comments: