May 8, 2012

PRC Problems

Yesterday was supposed to be our scheduled date for our PRC application. PRC went to UST to have our requirements checked and done. But since I was sick last week, I needed to go home in Ilocos. I only learned about the scheduled PRC application last Sunday and I had no time to get back in Manila that time and catch the filing the next morning since May 7 was marked as an off day for us (based on the given schedule). So, too unlucky for me, I had to do it myself in PRC Morayta. Dayyyyym! And the story started there. P.S. Thanks to my friends Jen and Ai for having my papers photocopied! Big help!!! Yay!

I thought I was lucky because my friends Drazen and Janelle were inside. I thought I could make some singit sessions there. But then I arrived at Morayta with a line of people reaching the bridge. (Gulp!) What am I supposed to do? I rushed at the start of the line to check if my friends were there but I was pretty much wrong about that. I saw none of them. It ends up for me falling at the end of the line. Hassle! It was 8 am that time. Lucky for me because the line was just free flowing. I got to step inside around 10 minutes later or less.  The only problem I experienced outside during the line, I guess, was because of the vendors of glues, pastes and envelopes. They were provoking us on buying. My mind was terrorized because they acted really well. I almost believed them. I almost gave a bite. It was just pretty good for me to realize what our professors did tell us about the requirements. I cannot remember them telling us to bring gallons of pastes and having specific kinds of envelopes, except for the mailing envelope of course. And take note, they even made CEDULA-MAKING a business. Fraud! Tsk tsk. But then, it was just too funny because "bumenta talaga mga tinderang yun sakin." Hypnotized! No, better name me as  Fooled. UTU-UTO!!! Almost!

Well, back to the story. I was already hurrying to find my friends because all I was seeing at that moment were lines. Long lines of people everywhere! I just needed to call Janelle so I could find them more easily. I got lost at first but thank God I finally saw them. But then, dilemmas came in and in. I had no doc stamps yet, no mailing envelope, no whatsoever. I got pretty messed up even if I wasn't showing that I was. The processing took almost an hour, I guess that was the longest part of it. Then I had a slight problem about it too. My photo wasn't scanned. I submitted my photo already but maybe it wasn't processed yesterday since I wasn't there to apply. Goodness, they made a way quickly. I didn't need to fall back in line again. 

I met a lot of nursing graduates from different places. All were clamoring about the singit problems. I was just fortunate they never caught me! Haha! The PRC officers kept on calling our names. Every section of the process, I guess, my name was called. If I had to win a dollar on every call, I might have had my payment free alread. Hahaha, seriously! Then when I had to pay already, there was an old man officer who was very rude on us examiners. He kept on pushing us away from the seats we were in just to give way to people who never even took the line from the start. SINGIT PROBLEMS!!! Before I got my temper high, my name was called by the cashier. Handed her a thousand for the 900 pesos fee (which is as good as my allowance for 3 days!) Then from there, I proceeded to the last step which was the 12th window. I thought it would only take some minutes. But that some minutes turned out to be half an hour. And the window lady officer was again rude! Dayyyym, can't they get enough of that rudeness? But then there, almost 30 minutes of waiting and my NOA was already issued. Time check: 10 am! Time to go home! But since I was bleeding of thirst, I passed by Simple Line Morayta and gulped some drinks.

With this experience, I learned that graduating as a Thomasian nurse is such a privilege.  I guess it was just lucky enough we're among those schools who had PRC come to us personally for a lesser pain filing. Well except with my case because I wasn't present during the hassle-free application inside our building itself. Haha. But I guess, because of it I learned. Well, at least now I can say that I am a lot more at ease with my confidence with the board exams. I thought I'll never gonna make it with the filing with the busy review schedule we have. Thank goodness! I am just so lucky to have good friends most especially Jen. I was really touched because she thought of my sake yesterday. *Hugs

Well then, I just thought that I needed to share this. I guess the experience was just too funny. FOR ME, AT LEAST. Hahaha!

Ta-tah!

No comments: