April 24, 2012

Nail Dare: Mr. New Yorker


So I changed my nail design again. I went way too excited about a lot of designs so I got fidgety on changing and changing and changing my Tiger nail paint. I ended up designing my nails with a tux miniature, together with the bow tie and the buttons. :)

A lot of people, including my parents, siblings and classmates, had been asking me if doing such was hard. To be honest, it's not really hard to do this just that when it's already the turn of your nails on the right hand, everything just go way too messed up. (But I'm getting better at this. PRACTICE. Gulp!) It's time consuming, but with a little ounce of effort and practice, you will soon get used to it. Like me! ;)

I've also decided to share my "talent" on this by including a tutorial (Not a video, pure words. Sorry, I'm really camera shy. Haha.) 

And I'm starting with my Mr. New Yorker nail. Here it goes.
1. Apply your first coating on your nail with a white nail polish. With Mr. NY'er, I used Caronia's white satin. Double coat with the same color if the first coating looks a little thin for your nails.
2. Coat with a colorless polish. This will separate the first coating with the details that you will be applying. You can omit this step if you think it's better not to or if you want a thinner application on your nails.
3. To make the bow tie, you will need a nail art brush. 

I used the nail polish with the brand Sassy. Apply a/n X using a black polish across the topmost portion of your nail. Paint all over the gaps between the X's.
4. The buttons are just dots done using the same brush that I used with the tie. Apply the dots forming a line at the center. I've put 3 to 4 buttons only on each nail because adding more would look very exaggerated already.
5. Apply the last coat, the colorless nail polish. This will maintain the shimmer of your well groomed nails. Dry it for at least an hour to make sure all the layers are well done.

There, it's that easy. You guys can do it too. You can think of other designs, just follow the principles on when to use the thin and the regular brush and when to apply the colorless polish. By the way, I made designs on my friends' tips too, I'll try to post them as soon as I can. Kath had the bumble bee, Chloe had the strawberry, Aileen had the red animal print and Jen had the Tiger, it looked good on them and I was just so happy they liked it. So, until the next nail bites. :) 


No comments: