April 12, 2012

Shoe Confessions: I Love Flats


One of my major problems is maintaining good condition of my shoes. I have a lot of flats, most I have already discarded because of damage--- dirty sole, detached heel, tampered color, whatever, all stuffs and some, I have given away. Shoe keep-safe is just a weakness for me. Lately, I've been using them a lot because of our review classes and I thought of finding a way to keep them look good as if they were new.

So, I decided to share my little "collection" of flats together with how I maintain them. It's not really a collection, it just so happened that I never realized it is THIS now. But forgive my set of flats, I know you guys might have a bigger collection of this. I just noticed mine was growing. Haha.




So this is it, I am not really sure if this is complete because travelling them back and forth from here (Manila) to Ilocos and then back again made me lose some other pairs. And this is what's left from all of them. Practically, 40% of them, I use a lot like twice to thrice a month. 30% I haven't used for a while. And 30% I have never used. I bought them from bazaars, to department stores, to outlet brands. And some are gifts from good people. :) 
I am really fond of picking shoes anywhere I go and it's always a must for me to buy a pair of flats. I don't know why.

My personal favorites :)

I love flats! I know, a lot of girls do. Flat shoes are life savers. It drives me sane on lazy days and rescues me on long standing. It just takes a little effort to maintain them to look good as new. So here are some tips on how I have rescued/maintained my new shoes and so as the old ones. 

1. Wear foot covers whenever possible. I use skin toned socks so I won't violate the purpose of my shoes whenever I wear them. This will as well keep microorganisms from nesting on the shoes. 

2. Apply disinfectant sprays (Lysol preferably) on and forth the shoes after using.

3. Wipe the lids of the sole exposed to the floor with wet wipes. This will prevent the sole from cracking after some time of use.

4. For old, dirty flats, have a day on the laundry with them. Make sure to laundry only those that won't get destroyed by water and soap. I have revived some of my shoes doing this, thanks also for the help of Manang Mayaya on this! If the sole is the problem, have Mr. Quickie repair it, well, if it is worth paying.

5. Store them on a Room Temperature area. Avoid moisture because this will cause microorganisms to build up and later on destroy the shoes.

So I guess, that's all. I hope I have helped. Remember that it takes a little effort to do this, but trust me, it's worth it! :)

Thank you to friend anonymous for pushing me to do this blog. It took a lot of risk for me because I don't really share these kinds of stuffs and I think this would be the start of everything. :)

No comments: